SPAGHETTI AND EYEBALLS
YOU’LL SEE, THIS TASTES GREAT (AND LOOKS GROSS)!
|1 1/2 LBS GROUND BEEF||1 (7OZ) JAR PIMENTO STUFFED OLIVES|
|1 CUP SEASONED BREADCRUMBS||1 (14OZ) JAR SPAGHETTI SAUCE|
|T TBLS KETCHUP||3 QUARTS WATER|
|1 EGG||1 TSP SALT|
|1/4 TSP PEPPER||1 (8OZ) PACKAGE SPAGHETTI|
|1/2 TSP OREGANO||2 TBLS BUTTER|
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
LARGE MIXING BOWL ¨ MIXING SPOON ¨ BAKING DISH ¨ LARGE POT ¨ COLANDER
¨ SERVING BOWL ¨ SERVING SPOON
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, egg, pepper, and oregano in a large bowl. The form the meat mixture into about 18 to 24 eyeball-sized balls.
- Press an olive into each eyeball, pimento side out. Place the eyeballs in a baking dish, cover them with the spaghetti sauce, and bake for 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before the eyeballs are done, fill a large pot with 3 quarts of water. Add salt. Set on medium heat and follow package directions to cook the spaghetti.
- After the spaghetti has cooked, carefully drain it in a colander over the sink. Transfer it to a serving bowl and toss with butter (so spaghetti doesn’t stick together).
- When your eyeballs are done, carefully remove them from the oven and spoon onto the spaghetti, irises up. Spoon sauce from the pan around them.
Serves 6 evil optometrists.